Omelets are not just a breakfast food. They are also a great idea for brunch or dinner. This recipe makes two servings, and contains only 267 calories per serving.
Servings: 2 people
- Medium Bowl
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup of cooked spinach
- ½ cup of feta cheese
- 2 scallions sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, blend the eggs with a fork. Add the feta, scallions, dill, and pepper. Squeeze the spinach to remove any excess water, and add it to the bowl as well. Mix very gently with a rubber spatula.
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat the oil. Next, pour the egg mixture into the pan, tilting the pan so that it is distributed evenly. Lift the edges to allow the egg that is underneath and uncooked to flow. Cook until the omelet is lightly golden. Preheat the broiler and place the pan under the heat until the top is set. This should take 1 to 2 ½ minutes. Cut into wedges and serve while hot.