Why Is Eating Healthy So Important?
Eating healthy is important to your health and your overall well being. When you eat healthily, you reduce your chances of obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. When you are at a healthy weight, you will feel good about yourself. You will be more outgoing and may want to get out more. While the idea of eating healthy sounds like a good one, many people don’t. They think that they just don’t have enough time in their day to prepare a healthy meal. This is not true. There are hundreds of healthy recipes that can be prepared in 20 minutes.
Crab Cake Burgers
- Large Bowl
- 1 pound of crabmeat
- ½ cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of minced chives
- 6 whole-wheat buns
- Tartar Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, breadcrumbs, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, chives, lemon juice, onion powder, hot sauce, and pepper. Form 6 patties.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and the butter over medium heat. Continue heating until the butter is no longer foaming. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the patties are golden brown. Flip them, and cook the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Toast the whole wheat buns, and put 1 teaspoon of tartar on each burger.
- Medium Bowl
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup of cooked spinach
- ½ cup of feta cheese
- 2 scallions sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, blend the eggs with a fork. Add the feta, scallions, dill, and pepper. Squeeze the spinach to remove any excess water, and add it to the bowl as well. Mix very gently with a rubber spatula.
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat the oil. Next, pour the egg mixture into the pan, tilting the pan so that it is distributed evenly. Lift the edges to allow the egg that is underneath and uncooked to flow. Cook until the omelet is lightly golden. Preheat the broiler and place the pan under the heat until the top is set. This should take 1 to 2 ½ minutes. Cut into wedges and serve while hot.
Barbecued Chicken Burritos
- Large Skillet
- ½ pound roasted chicken. Remove the skin and meat from the bones and shred the chicken
- 1 cup of canned black beans rinsed
- ½ cup of frozen corn
- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce
- ½ cup of barbeque sauce
- ¼ cup of low-fat sour cream
- 2 limes cut in wedges
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas 10 inches
- In a large skillet, heat the chicken, barbecue sauce, corn, beans, and sour cream, over medium heat. Cook until hot, for about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the wrap, place a piece of lettuce in the center of each tortilla. Top it with ¼ of the chicken mixture. Roll it up like a burrito. Slice each burrito in half, and serve with lime wedges.
- Why Fast and Healthy Recipes are Best
- Rather than going to a fast-food restaurant when you don’t have much time to eat, you can make a healthy meal in your own home in about 20 minutes. Each of these recipes is delicious and good for you.