Crab Cake Burgers
These burgers have a great crab flavor without being masked by too many seasonings. This recipe will sever 6 people, and takes only 20 minutes to prepare. Best of all, it only has 163 calories per serving.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound of crabmeat
- ½ cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of minced chives
- 6 whole-wheat buns
- Tartar Sauce
In a large bowl, combine the crab, breadcrumbs, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, chives, lemon juice, onion powder, hot sauce, and pepper. Form 6 patties.
In a large skillet, heat the oil and the butter over medium heat. Continue heating until the butter is no longer foaming. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the patties are golden brown. Flip them, and cook the other side for another 4 minutes.
Toast the whole wheat buns, and put 1 teaspoon of tartar on each burger.